How to Wear the Leather Look this A/W
Leather is back in a big way, it comes around every A/W and it such a gorgeous trend that everyone can tackle with style this winter. I guarantee you that if you do invest in one or two key leather pieces, you will have them for years to come!
5 ways to work leather this winter:
- Counterbalance a leather skirt with a longer sleeve or a slightly loose-fitting top. Pair our A-line Leather Skirt from Dolly & Bella with a chunky knit for daytime chic or style with a simple black tee and accessories to offset the entire look.
- A very popular style this winter is the poncho or cape look over a leather jacket, this is a great look to master this A/W and will suit everyone. You will find ponchos and capes are everywhere at the minute, best to opt for an over-size poncho or cape and style it according to your frame. If you have a wider frame layer it down so you are not adding bulk and stick to these two key pieces, however if you have slight frame you can get away with adding three of four pieces to this look and nailing two key trends this year, leather and the layering look!
- As leather is a statement item, match contrasting fabrics with your key piece which will avoid overkill on the leather look! For a super stylish weekend look, go for a casual-glam look and a personal favourite of mine, a long-line sweater with leather trousers, such an easy way to glam up your look in an instant. Lastly, throw on a trilby to knock this look out of the park!
- Team a leather dress with a printed layer which will take you from day to night in minutes. I love the versatility of this, as you will get the most wear out of this look by matching different key pieces with it , offering a different aspect to the look each time 🙂
- And finally, if you are still too afraid to wear a leather statement piece, team leather boots with your jeans or skirt to inject this style into your wardrobe. Leather cuffs and handbags are also are great way to incorporate the trendy fabric into your style and leather gloves are super stylish way to keep warm this winter!